Available: Thursday, March 26 2015
This position consists of supervision of engineering staff and responsibility for ensuring Project Manager performance, managing production levels to support corporate revenue goals, and achieving overall engineering department profitability goals. These duties and responsibilities are in addition to other responsibilities on various project teams.
Management and Administration
· Supervise engineering staff (includes entry-level engineers, senior engineers and project managers).
- Assign work – establish and enforce schedules
- Advise on work prioritization, task execution, and other project issues
- Provide guidance on how to utilize available resources
- Implement corporate revenue projection procedures; monitor project performance versus goals/projections, take action when goals are not met
- Manage staffing assignments in support of proposal, presentation and scope preparation
· Ensure Project Managers prepare for and attend WIP meetings. Personally attend meetings with Project Manager for high priority projects:
· Achieve revenue target.
· Resolve conflicts related to project prioritization; seek assistance when needed
· Review and approve monthly invoices.
Required Experience and Training
Bachelor's degree in civil or environmental engineering from an accredited four-year college or university and combined work related experience of more than five years progressively responsible civil or environmental engineering experience with at least two years of emphasis on supervision. Graduate degree preferred.
Certificates and Licenses Required: Professional Engineer Designation