Available: Wednesday, March 05 2014
A consulting engineering firm seeks a qualified Marketing Assistant with strong communication, writing, editing/proof-reading, organizational, and time-management skills to support the Marketing Department. The ability to multitask, meet multiple deadlines, and interface directly with all levels of staff is desired. The ideal candidate will be extremely detail oriented, able to work in a fast-paced and team-focused environment, and capable of prioritizing and managing time effectively.
The position is responsible for supporting the general marketing efforts of the company, including assisting with the development of proposals, maintaining marketing materials (project fact sheets, staff resumes, brochures, presentations, etc.), and using Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel to update and track company programs. The role requires the employee to be a proactive self-starter, who possesses a strong degree of integrity, responsibility, confidentiality, and flexibility. This position entails support services for the marketing of the company and the business development team, which may require the employee to work overtime beyond their scheduled 40 hours per week.
Essential Job Function(s):
- Assist in creating and maintaining company marketing materials such as brochures, Statements of Qualifications, advertisements, logos, presentation materials, company fact sheets, project fact sheets, and staff resumes
- Assist in the preparation of technical proposals
- Maintain various Excel spreadsheets
- File proposals and associated proposal folders once submitted
- Assist in maintaining company websites and related materials – HTML experience is not required
- Assist with managing trade show exhibits (booth planning, staff registrations, attending/booth management, ordering related supplies)
- Assist with all graphics needs (report covers, photos, tabs, banners, posters, flyers, etc.)
- Ordering of all marketing supplies (promotional materials, laminate paper, blank tabs, spirals, etc.)
- Assist with preparing presentations as needed (create background, format text, animations, etc.)
- Maintain City/County vendor registrations
- Update project websites as requested by Project Managers
- Attend company/client events (fundraisers, luncheons, community events, etc.)
- Maintain marketing standard templates
- Maintain subconsultant information
- Maintain electronic files on of all REI, client, and subconsultant logos
- Take project site photos for use in proposals and reports
- Create and publish advertisements in industry publications
- Maintain registrations/memberships with various affiliations (Chambers of Commerce, Industry Groups)
- Order business cards
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- High level of attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services.
- Works well in a team environment
- Time management and the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Excellent customer service and retention skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Commitment to company values, mission, and vision
- Able to operate under stress and meet deadlines
- Creative and innovative
- Quick learner
- Knowledge of technical proposal preparation and response processes is a plus
- Knowledge of design programs (Corel DRAW, Photoshop, etc.) is a plus
- Knowledge of Adobe program is preferred
Experience and Training:
Bachelor Degree in Marketing, Advertising/Public Relations, Journalism, Communications, English, or related field is preferred.
Anicipated Salary Range: $20,000-30,000 Annually, Plus Benefits
Exceptional benefits package and very competitive salary offered to the right candidate. Please submit your resume along with salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reiss Engineering, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.