Available: Monday, October 20 2014
A consulting engineering firm seeks a qualified Marketing/Proposal Coordinator with strong communication, writing, editing/proof-reading, organizational, and time-management skills to support the Marketing Department. The ability to multitask, meet multiple deadlines, and interface directly with all levels of staff is desired. The ideal candidate will be extremely detail oriented, able to work in a fast-paced and team-focused environment, and capable of prioritizing and managing time effectively.
The position is responsible for supporting the general marketing efforts of the company, including assisting with the development of proposals, maintaining marketing materials (project fact sheets, staff resumes, brochures, presentations, etc.), and using Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel to update and track company programs. The role requires the employee to be a proactive self-starter, who possesses a strong degree of integrity, responsibility, confidentiality, and flexibility. This position entails support services for the marketing of the company and the business development team, which may require the employee to work overtime beyond their scheduled 40 hours per week.
Essential Job Function(s):
- Works directly with Internal Technical Expert to prepare technical proposals from inception through submission, including formatting, coordinating, editing, verifying, and proof reading content; creating graphics for all proposal materials; and ensuring the proposal is in compliance with all RFP/RFQ requirements.
- Creates and maintains company marketing materials, including corporate brochures, qualifications packages, company fact sheets, project fact sheets, and staff resumes
- Maintains and updates company websites and related materials – HTML experience is not required
- Maintains all marketing related files, information, and registrations
- Coordinates trade show exhibits (booth planning, staff registrations, attending/booth management, ordering related supplies)
- Assists with all graphics needs for the company, including report covers, photos, document tabs, presentations, banners, posters, and flyers
- Orders of all marketing supplies and staff business cards (promotional materials, company letterhead, etc.)
- Assists with the creation of presentations (creating backgrounds, formatting slides, creating graphics, etc.)
- Attends company/client events (fundraisers, luncheons, community events, etc.)
- Takes project site photos for use in proposals and reports
- Coordinates the design and placement of advertisements in industry publications
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- High level of attention to detail
- Ability to creatively layout content and information on a page
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services
- Works well in a team environment
- Time management and the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Commitment to company values, mission, and vision
- Able to operate under stress and meet deadlines
- Creative and Innovative
- Quick learner
Required Experience and Training:
- Bachelor Degree in Marketing, Advertising/Public Relations, Journalism, Communications, English, or related field is preferred
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience working in a similar role within the A/E/C industry and including 1-3 years of experience with the preparation of technical proposals
- Expert level proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Proficiency with Adobe Acrobat is a plus
- Proficiency with design programs, including CorelDRAW or Adobe Photoshop is preferred
Certificates and Licenses Required: None.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.