Available: Friday, February 20 2015
Currently seeking entry level engineers to work under the guidance of an experienced engineer. Position requires the application of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria in carrying out a sequence of related engineering tasks.
Note: Potential to relocate to Tampa or Ft. Lauderdale.
· Performs specific and limited portions of project using prescribed methods. Receives specific and detailed instructions as to required tasks and results expected.
· Performs assignments designed to develop work knowledge and abilities. Supervisor screens assignments for unusual or difficult problems and selects techniques and procedures to be applied on non-routine work. Receives close supervision on new aspects of assignments.
· Adjusts and correlates data, and recognizes discrepancies in results.
· All other related work assignments, as assigned per supervisor direction or as apparent.
Standard Procedures and Techniques
· Applies standard practices and techniques in specific situations.
· Follows operations through a series of related and detailed steps or processes.
· Makes preliminary selections and adaptations of engineering alternatives.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Analytical skill to exercise technical judgment concerning details of work and making preliminary selections and adaptations of engineering alternatives.
· Good oral and written communication skills.
· Ability to work effectively both as a team member and individually, adjusting to situations as they develop.
· Bachelor of Science degree in a specialized engineering discipline (e.g., Civil, Electrical, Environmental, Mechanical, Structural) is normally required to have gained the specific knowledge about the practical application of physical laws and principles of engineering for researching, planning, designing, and construction of structures and facilities.
· Related experience preferred, but not required. Maybe required to accept a field assignment within 1-2 years (which may require relocating for duration of project, normally for 1-3 years).
· Entry level for professional work (Engineer-in-Training). Certification as Engineer-in-Training (EIT) is encouraged.
No phone calls please.