Available: Wednesday, January 06 2016
This position consists of supervision of engineering staff and responsibility for ensuring Project Manager performance, managing production levels to support corporate revenue goals, and achieving overall engineering department profitability goals. These duties and responsibilities are in addition to other responsibilities on various project teams.
Management and Administration:
· Supervise engineering staff (includes entry-level engineers, senior engineers and project managers).
· Assign work – establish and enforce schedules.
· Advise on work prioritization, task execution, and other project issues.
· Provide guidance on how to utilize available resources.
· Implement corporate revenue projection procedures; monitor project performance versus goals/projections, take action when goals are not met.
· Manage staffing assignments in support of proposal, presentation and scope preparation
· Ensure Project Managers prepare for and attend WIP meetings. Personally attend meetings with Project Manager for high priority projects.
· Achieve revenue target.
· Resolve conflicts related to project prioritization; seek assistance when needed.
· Review and approve monthly invoices.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manage one or several design project teams including planning, scheduling, conducting, and/or coordinating detailed phases of the engineering work.
- Manage projects under budget and on schedule to the satisfaction of clients and Reiss Engineering
- Perform work which involves conventional engineering practice and may include a variety of complex features.
- Manage construction phase services.
- Mentor junior engineers.
- Make oral presentation at project meetings with clients.
- Participate in the development of proposals and scopes of service.
- Perform other related work assignments per supervisor direction.
Experience, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor of Science degree in an applicable engineering discipline (e.g., Civil, Environmental, Mechanical, Chemical). (MS is preferred)
- Effective oral and written communication skills, including a well-developed ability to interface with present and potential clients.
Required Experience and Training:
· A Florida Professional Engineer (PE) License, or ability to attain within 6 months, is required.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience with designing water and wastewater related projects. Previous project management experience preferred