Available: Monday, July 20 2015
Reiss is seeking a motivated and experienced Senior Water Process Engineer to join our team. The incumbent will be responsible for the design of various water treatment processes and projects with strengths in technical knowledge regarding the evaluation and design of municipal facility improvements. The position requires the ability to work effectively and communicate well with Reiss staff and clients.
Essential Job Functions:
· Prepare and oversee development of plans, specifications, reports and project deliverables.
· Analyze technical information, perform engineering calculations, and develop concepts into feasible and effective engineering design and projects.
· Understands and stays current with treatment methods.
· Determines appropriate treatment and establishes equipment sizing criteria. Design and optimize water treatment systems for project needs.
· Provides technical evaluations and supporting analysis, reports and specifications.
· Provides project support, peer reviews and technical direction for other engineering staff.
· Authors technical reports and professional correspondence including proposals, preliminary and conceptual design reports, process design reports, and correspondence to regulatory agencies.
· Develops and adhere to project scopes, budgets, and schedules.
· Communicates and interacts effectively with clients.
· Mentors entry-level engineers.
· Provides technical support throughout all project stages from bid proposal through final design and construction.
· Participates in and prepares client presentations.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Self-motivated and highly organized with good time management skills
· Cooperative, yet assertive.
· Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
· Exceptional problem solving skills.
· Quantitative skills.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Strong background and understanding of water chemistry and applicable water treatment technologies.
· Ability to offer creative solutions to engineering staff and other employees.
· Understanding of the business principals of consulting engineering.
· Municipal experience.
Required Experience and Training:
· BS in Environmental, Civil or Chemical Engineering (MS is preferred)
· Professional Engineer License in Florida or other states with Florida reciprocity
· 10-15 years of experience and responsibility for water treatment process engineering.