Available: Wednesday, January 06 2016
Reiss Engineering is seeking a motivated, efficient and experienced Client Manager/Project Manager to manage small to large projects and business relationships for our Tampa, FL office. The position consists of managing projects and client relationships for but not limited to the design and construction of pipelines, pump stations and treatment facilities for our municipal utility clients.
Essential Client Manager Job Functions:
· Responsible for ensuring successful project delivery and responsive service
· Responsible for timely, effective response to any requests for additional projects or assistance
· Prepares and achieves vision statement sales target and manages activities
· Develops active and functioning business relationships with decision makers and influencers within the client’s organization
· Manages communications between Reiss Engineering and the client
· Understands the client’s organization and structure and maintains relationships with decision makers in responsible charge
· Understands and communicates the client’s expectations of the projects to the project managers/teams
· Manages risk mitigation and ensures Reiss Engineering and the client are protected
· Responsible for reviewing and understanding client contracts
· Responsible for leading sales efforts and strategic pursuits (proposal development, presentations and pre marketing)
· Manages and coordinates work order development and fee negotiations
· Makes go/no-go decisions on competitive proposals based on knowledge acquired about the upcoming project, client expectations, and good business judgment
Essential Project Manager Job Functions:
· Manage one or several design project teams including planning, scheduling, conducting, and/or coordinating detailed phases of the engineering work.
· Manage projects under budget and on schedule to the satisfaction of clients and Reiss Engineering
· Perform work which involves conventional engineering practice and may include a variety of complex features.
· Manage construction phase services.
· Mentor junior engineers.
· Make oral presentation at project meetings with clients.
· Participate in the development of proposals and scopes of service.
· Perform other related work assignments per supervisor direction.
Experience, Skills, and Abilities:
· Bachelor of Science degree in an applicable engineering discipline (e.g., Civil, Environmental, Mechanical, Chemical). (MS is preferred)
· Effective oral and written communication skills, including a well-developed ability to interface with present and potential clients.
Required Experience and Training:
· A Florida Professional Engineer (PE) License, or ability to attain within 6 months, is required.
· Minimum of 7 years of experience with designing water and wastewater related projects. Previous project management experience preferred